A fashion and lifestyle magazine and blog produced by Students in the Design and Merchandising program at Drexel University

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The 20/20 Experience



The Stage
 It’s not often that I get to stand a few feet from one of the world’s most talented musicians, but this past Sunday, November 10, I did just that at the Justin Timberlake concert, part of the 20/20 Experience tour at the Wells Fargo Center. Of course I expected Justin to put on an amazing show, but he far exceeded my expectations beyond what I could have imagined.
         I had been looking forward to the concert ever since my friend and I ordered our tickets during the MasterCard presale back in August.  Our seats were third row, to the left of the stage, and mid way down the arena giving us a perfect view of his every move.  We were seated in section 102, which is split in half, divided by the player’s locker room. 
That locker room is where other high profile people entered and exited the venue such as Justin’s wife Jessica Biel and his manager Johnny Wright.  Biel was so close in proximity to us that we could literally reach out and touch her, had we wanted too.  She was dressed casually wearing, wedge booties, skinny jeans, a simple tee, and leather jacket.  She was clearly enjoying the show, dancing to the music, singing along, and standing to cheer on her husband.  JT’s manager Wright was friendly as can be and was going in and out of the stands to greet fans and take pictures.
Timberlake singing on stage B
At exactly 9pm the lights went down as Justin hit the stage with his band the Tennessee Kids, his back up dancers, and vocalists. They were all styled out in black or white suits and put on a three-hour show.  They performed a variety of songs from his latest album as well as a bunch of classics including Pusher Love, TKO, Strawberry Bubblegum, Holy Grail, and Cry Me a River. 
After a 10-minute intermission Timberlake and team returned to the stage, which transported the performers over the crowd and onto a second stage located in the middle of the arena.  There they performed songs including Only When I walk Away, Tunnel Vision, Senorita, That Girl, a mash up of Not a Bad Thing and Michael Jackson’s Human Nature, followed by What Goes Around Comes Around.
Timberlake performing on the piano
The crew then returned to the main stage to close the show with Suite and Tie, SexyBack, and finally Mirrors.
When the lights came back on I didn’t want the fun to end.  I felt like I was floating on cloud nine.  Justin is an incredible performer and musician.  It was the most entertaining and high-energy concert I have ever been too.  I don’t feel like I can ever have enough Justin Timberlake in my life, and if you feel the same you can catch him again on Tuesday February 25 when he’ll be returning to the Wells Fargo Center. 




No comments:

Post a Comment