A fashion and lifestyle magazine and blog produced by Students in the Design and Merchandising program at Drexel University

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Models, Models Everywhere

Excited at the thought of a new experience; Nervous at the thought of messing up royally; Uncertain as to what exactly I was getting myself into. My first time as a dresser for a fashion show was nothing exciting to the outsider, seeing as it was just a dress rehearsal. But to me, it was the opening of a door to a whole new world. I wasn't sure what to expect from the seemingly flawless models I would be adorning with strange, and sometimes complicated garments.

I looked up in at at them, literally, considering I am only 5'3". I felt like a star struck little girl. They seemed so confident, beautiful, and tall and inside I couldn't help but to want to be them. Rather than being pretentious, they were very friendly and warm and continually thanking me for dressing them. I smiled and said, "You're welcome," when inside I wanted to say, "I didn't really do anything." Honestly, it was hard to look at them and find a way to be happy with my own appearance. But, from listening to their conversations with one another, they weren't too happy with their appearance either. I found it frustrating and interesting at the same time. I just wanted to shake them and say, "You are gorgeous, why can't you see that?" But, I think it also goes to show that no matter what a person has, they always want something better. While I would give anything for their long legs, they would give anything to have skinnier legs. Realizing that no matter how beautiful I may appear, I would always want to look better, I decided that I would have to learn to love the way I look or be doomed to a life of unhappiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment