A fashion and lifestyle magazine and blog produced by Students in the Design and Merchandising program at Drexel University

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?

This weekend, while I watched the masterpiece that is Breakfast at Tiffany's (along with two other Hepburn movies) , I remembered how I've been planning to have breakfast at Tiffany's myself. It also reminded me of how much I love that era and its fashion. I adore the glitz and glamour and the class -- the grace that old Hollywood possessed.

Breakfast at Tiff
any's features style icon and actress, Audrey Hepburn, a hilariously interesting party scene and everyone's favorite little black dress. Besides the obvious love story, the movie is a stylistic representation of its time, and has also had a huge impact on what we wear today. Holly Golightly's oversized sunglasses, skinny pants and swing jackets have become fashionable staples in many womens wardrobes.

So dig out your black and white movies and take some fashion notes. Look at what was popular back then - silhouettes, accessories, hair styles, etc. Take note of what you love and figure out a way to work it into your own wardrobe. And maybe I'll see you, coffee and danish in hand, at Tiffany's?

Photo courtesy of alyssagolightly.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment