A fashion and lifestyle magazine and blog produced by Students in the Design and Merchandising program at Drexel University

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Somethin Pumpkin

With the leaves changing and the temperatures dropping I find myself having pumpkin fever and I know I’m not the only one. It seems like as soon as October comes around the flavor of pumpkin can be found at all of my favorite spots. Whether it’s a squirt of pumpkin syrup in my coffee or a pumpkin brew at my favorite bar, the taste is the perfect cozy addition to my fall routine.
When it comes to pumpkin coffees and teas I have a few favorites. The pumpkin spice tea from Green Line Café on 37th and Lancaster is perfect for tea drinkers who want the option of a warm pumpkin beverage that isn’t coffee. I enjoyed a large on my way to work on a crisp Friday morning. Plus the added benefit of this tea is that it is a fair trade product. Another seasonal beverage favorite is the pumpkin coffee at Dunkin Donuts. This drink is good for coffee drinkers who only want a little bit of pumpkin flavor without it being overwhelming. Dunkin also has a pumpkin latte for people with a little more of pumpkin hankering and If you are really feeling the flavor you can pair your beverage with a pumpkin doughnut or muffin. An added bonus of the Dunkin coffees and treats is the cheap price. The closest Dunkin to campus is on 34th and Walnut.
Savas on 35th and Lancaster is jumping on the Pumpkin bandwagon with their offerings of pumpkin beer. I picked up a “Pick a Pumpkin” beer guide brochure on their counter and got some great ideas. As someone who never had a pumpkin beer until a couple weeks ago I can tell you it’s a pleasant treat. My favorite is the Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Ale which has the essence of a pumpkin pie but is still a pale ale so it isn’t too rich.
Another pumpkin treat close to campus is the pumpkin pie frozen yogurt at Kiwi on 36th and Chestnut. Kiwi offers a big spread off toppings to choose from. I topped my pumpkin pie yogurt with pieces of cheesecake, graham cracker crumbles, and chocolate sauce. It was a great treat on a warmer fall day and satisfied my current pumpkin obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment