A fashion and lifestyle magazine and blog produced by Students in the Design and Merchandising program at Drexel University

Monday, January 26, 2015

Current Obsession: Cowboy Boots

Recently I fell in love with a very western style; traveling to the west side of the country so much in the past couple of years has been rubbing off on me. I have adopted the style of a western cowgirl and gave it my own east coast spin. While I was in Aspen last year during break, I went into an authentic western cowboy shop. The store was filed with all accessories a cowboy would need; the walls were overflowing with boots, hats, and other leather goods. The store, Kemo Sabe, smelt of rich leather from the custom shaping of the wide brimmed hats and fresh leather boots.
Kemo Sabe is a brand where “the west lives on”, making it more than just a western apparel shop; it is also an experience being in the store. The west has always had a reputation for handmade and customized leather goods and this brand, Kemo Sabe makes no exceptions. The quality in their leather goods is impeccable and they stay true to their brand promise, making each item sold perfectly fit the customers needs and wants; whether it’s a hat or a vintage pair of boots, you find something that speaks to you. They are dedicated to giving their customers the best satisfaction while shopping in their stores as well as online. There are only a few store locations and I was lucky enough to visit the one in Aspen. I knew I wanted a special souvenir that would remind me of this town that I have fallen in love with, and a pair of these authentic, beautiful cowboy boots were the perfect item.

Upon entering the store, I was blown away by the wide variety of boots they displayed along the wall. I knew I couldn’t resist buying a pair the second I walked into the store. Choosing from the styles was a difficult process and the boots had to fit and feel perfect. I went with a classic dark brown, with a beautiful detailed stitch pattern throughout. They have become my favorite boots to wear and after wearing them so often, they show more about my character. Both comfortable and stylish, I can wear them with almost any outfit. I never use to think I would be a person to own a pair of cowboy boots, let alone wear them almost everyday, but these boots have changed my mind. They are a unique style that stands out amongst a crowd because no one else has boots just like mine. The cowboy boots are something different that speaks to my inner cowboy style which is what Kemo Sabe is all about; the soul of the cowboy in all of us, as we express it through fashions of the wild west. (http://www.kemosabe.com)

1 comment:

  1. Current Obsession: Cowboy Boots. Recently I fell in love with a very western style; traveling to the west side of the country so much in the past ... icowboyboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete