A fashion and lifestyle magazine and blog produced by Students in the Design and Merchandising program at Drexel University

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Trending: Hats

Currently trending on the streets of America’s largest cities are fashionable hats, only this time the hats are styled with a more relaxed vibe for everyday use. Generally, hats are a tricky accessory, and not one that’s easily pulled off. Today, hats are typically worn to serve a specific purpose; whether it’s a wide brim hat or cap to block the sun, or a wool hat to keep your head warm, accessories for your head were never as decorative as they are now. The trendy use of hats is increasingly becoming the next big statement accessory, and there's a style for almost everyone to try.

Gradually over the past couple of years, hats have appeared in stores and more people are buying them in hopes of becoming a hat person. Jumping on the trendy band wagon, I purchased a few hats of my own, although I’ve always figured if you're wearing a hat, it's typically to cover up a bad hair day. The first time I wore a fashionable hat, I got many eyes looking my way as I walked down the street; one woman even stopped my along the sidewalk to complement me and ask where I got it! Wearing a hat draws attention to you; they’re big and bold, meant to make a just that kind of statement.
Recently, well known brands have been making hats inspired by old fashions; Rag and Bone, Free People, Anthropologie, and JCrew are a few of the brands bringing current trends together with timeless styles. Mixing patterns, colors, and fabrics, these stylish new hats are sure to draw attention to what you're wearing on your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment